How To Get The Best Results From Your Website, by Gina Nieves (http://ginanieves.com/):
1. You need a website layout that produces results, so your primary action should be above the fold because the primary action is the first step in your sales funnel. We had a client we did this for and they saw sales increase over $300,000 in less than a year!
2. Use your blog to increase sales. Use it to showcase people that are using your product or service. It does a few things: you create relationship with your customers and it is social proof that others use and love what you sell. Include a picture of your client using the product or a nice photo of the customer.
3. Content that connects with your target audience- Survey your target market to understand what they want and then use their language on your website.
4. Make sure your website appeals to your target market and only your target market.
5. Use long search terms within your copy. For example, if you sell perfumes it will be very hard to rank on the search terms “perfume” as you are competing with over 270,000,000 web pages. But you can rank on keywords like “allergy free perfume for women”.
6. Grow your email list fast by guest blogging. Drive people to your email sign up page via the link you place in the byline at the end of your post.
7. Use testimonials on your sales pages.